When Kindness Comes Full Circle
>> Wednesday, September 30, 2026
This is one of those things I know I will never forget.
I truly believe that some people are angels in disguise. They come into your life at exactly the moment when you need a little hope.
2013. I was a first-year BSN student. Back then, I only had ₱40 for the entire day—including transportation, photocopies, food, and everything else. We were struggling financially, so every peso had to be carefully budgeted.
One afternoon, I had only about ₱7 left. I was so hungry. I saw a small doughnut that cost only ₱3, and there was also a cold drink. I stood in front of the little store for a long time, almost in tears. Even spending ₱3 was something I had to think about because I still needed to save enough for my jeepney fare home.
Then my classmate, Crispin, saw me.
He called me and said that we should go home together. I was embarrassed to tell him that I didn't have enough money for the fare, so I simply said, “You go ahead.”
But he insisted that I ride with him.
When the jeepney arrived, it was already packed. He gave me a seat while he stood outside, holding onto the jeepney. Then he paid the fare for both of us.
To someone else, it might have seemed like just a simple jeepney fare.
But to me, that moment meant so much.
He didn't just help me get home. He reminded me that even on the days when I felt like I had nothing, there could still be someone willing to help.
After that, whenever we saw each other at the canteen, sometimes he would even pay for my food without me asking.
Then, after about a year, he suddenly disappeared from my life. We lost touch.
Four years later, in 2017, my younger sister had to start working. She would often tell me about her boss. She said he was kind, funny, and always willing to help her.
One day, she mentioned that her boss's last name sounded familiar to me.
So we checked.
And then I realized...
It was Crispin.
The same person who had helped me in 2013 was now helping my younger sister four years later.
And until today, my sister and her husband still work for him.
The more I see how he treats them, the more I realize that the kindness he showed me back then wasn't just a one-time thing.
That's simply the kind of person he is.
He continues to help people who need work and opportunities, especially my sisters. Even after getting married and having a life of his own, he still makes time to help people who are struggling and looking for a chance.
Sometimes I even think that maybe he is lucky to have us too—because he didn't just gain employees. He gained people who genuinely appreciate him and will always remember the kindness he showed our family.
But honestly, I think we're the lucky ones.
Because not everyone gets to meet someone who helps you when you're at your lowest—and then, years later, you get to witness that same person continue helping the people you love.
2013: He helped me get home.
2017: He helped my sister find work.
And until today: He continues to be there for our family.
The world really is such a small place.
Maybe some people enter our lives for only a season. But some people leave a mark so deep that even years later, their kindness is still reaching the people around you.
That's why I believe in angels in disguise.
Sometimes, they don't come with wings.
Sometimes, they come as a classmate who pays your jeepney fare when you don't have enough money to get home.
And sometimes, years later, you realize that the little kindness you received back then became a blessing that reached your whole family.
So if you're struggling right now, keep going.
You never know what God is preparing for you beyond the season you're currently in.
And when you have the chance to help someone, even in the smallest way, do it.
You may forget what you did.
But the person you helped might remember your kindness for the rest of their life.
Sometimes, a small act of kindness isn't small at all.
It can become a blessing that keeps reaching people—even years later.