When I Thought I Was Alone
>> Thursday, August 27, 2026
Story Time ❤️
When I was a student at UST, I still remember this one rainy night after a theater rehearsal. We finished super late and, since we were inside the auditorium, we didn’t even realize how hard it was raining outside.
The moment we stepped out, we saw that the flood around campus was already knee-deep. ðŸ˜
My friends were all heading home in different directions, so eventually, I was left to walk home alone.
There I was, walking through the dark, flooded streets of Dapitan in my school uniform, carrying my backpack and umbrella. It was raining so hard, and honestly, I was scared.
So I just kept praying and talking to Jesus as I walked, like He was right there beside me. I kept asking Him to protect me and keep me safe until I could get out of the flooded area.
Eventually, I reached a part where the water had gone down, so I took a pedicab.
And that’s when the driver told me something I’ll never forget.
He said he had seen me from a distance and actually wanted to pick me up, but he hesitated because he thought I was walking with a man.
I just smiled.
Because I knew exactly who that “man” was. ❤️
Looking back, I realize now that I was never really alone that night.
Jesus was with me—listening to every prayer, walking beside me, protecting me, and guiding me safely home.
And every time I remember that night, I still get emotional. 🥹❤️
It reminds me just how faithful God has been in my life. Even in the moments when I thought I was alone, He was right there with me.
Sometimes, we don’t realize how God is protecting us until we look back and see the little signs He left along the way.
God is faithful. Always. ❤️
CREDIT: Maan D.