After a two-year battle with Lyme disease Avril Lavigne will release 2017 Album

>> Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She was the biggest pop rock sensation of the early 2000s.

Avril Lavigne is releasing her first album since beginning her battle with Lyme disease nearly two years ago.

Lavigne was diagnosed with Lyme disease in early 2015, and was left bedridden for a time period as a result.

“I felt like I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t talk and I couldn’t move,” she had told People. “I thought I was dying.”

And on Christmas day, Avril Lavigne announced that her musical hiatus is over - fans can expect a new album from the Canadian songstress in 2017.

The “Complicated” singer took to Instagram to thank her fans for their support, and announced her sixth studio album, which marks the first new release since 2013.

"It hasn't just been a hard battle but it's also been enlightening and will reflect in my new music, artistry, life, and personally."

“I’m really happy to announce that I am now working on new music and I will be releasing a new album in 2017,” she wrote. “I can’t wait to open up and share my heart with you! I’m excited for you guys to hear the new songs. It’s going to be an amazing 2017!”

Avril created The Avril Lavigne Foundation in 2010, which helps young people with serious illnesses and disabilities. In her post on December 25th, Avril promised to continue raising awareness and battling Lyme Disease through her foundation.

Meanwhile, Avril has been romantically linked to her roommate Ryan Cabrera.
The two have said they are 'just friends,' however, they were seen just last month snuggling up to each other at Chalk Point Kitchen in NYC.





Share/Bookmark

Popular Posts

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP