Oprah Sends Thoughts and Prayers to Her Montecito Neighbors

>> Friday, November 14, 2008

A destructive wildfire that broke out Thursday has claimed over 80 structures in the ritzy Montecito area of California.

Oprah Winfrey is one of the many famous figures who has/had a home in the community.

She started Friday's Oprah Winfrey Show with a message to her California neighbors:

"The first thing I wanted to talk about is the raging fire burning right now in my neighborhood of Montecito, Calif. All our prayers are with all the folks and neighbors in Santa Barbara. Hope you're well today. And those of you who lost your homes, our hearts go out to you."

Another famous Montecito resident, actor Rob Lowe, called into the show and recounted evacuating his home.

"We got in the car, pulled out of the driveway and the entire mountain behind us was flames, 200 feet high, shooting into the air…This thing came on so fast, you just can't believe it… I'm very lucky. My house is fine. Although I'm looking—I'm talking to you right now and I'm looking out of my office and I can see the smoke billowing still… I've lived out here since 1976 and seen a lot of fires, but last night…I mean, I watched 12, 13 homes burn to the ground. It's so tragic. It's so sad. And this is the worst I have ever seen by far."

In case you were wondering, Oprah's home has, so far, survived the fires. Super O's home is less than a mile from several homes devastated in the blaze and within several hundred yards of the mandatory evacuation zone.

From: Perez Hilton


Share/Bookmark

Popular Posts

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP